City of Phoenix
Assistant City Prosecutor
Through December 31, 2021
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The City Prosecutor’s Office is offering an exciting opportunity to make a difference in our community and to be part of a professional, dedicated, and committed group of people working to make Phoenix better. We are looking for lawyers who want to be part of this team and see prosecution as a career.
A prosecutor can be expected to make daily court appearances, negotiate plea bargains designed to improve the lives of the parties involved as well as our community, review or initiate charges, participate in arraignments and pretrial-disposition conferences, and conduct bench and jury trials. Types of crimes handled will include assault, shoplifting, theft, prostitution, DUI, and other driving offenses.
This recruitment and any interview process as a result of this recruitment may be used by multiple hiring managers and multiple departments throughout the City to fill any related current or future vacancies; other recruitments and appropriate eligible lists may also be considered.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate an ability to work well within a team atmosphere, display sound judgment, and interact professionally with victims, defendants, witnesses, office staff, co-workers, attorneys, judges, and court personnel. The ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing is necessary for this position.
$69,784.00 - $106,121.60 annually. Candidates may be hired up to $106,121.60 depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA/HDHP plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days.
For more details, visit, Unit 007 Benefits at https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Benefit%20Category/007.pdf and Pension Information at https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Pension%20Information%203.15.2021.pdf
- One year of experience as a practicing attorney and graduation from an accredited school of law.
- Active member in good standing of the State Bar of Arizona. Please include your Arizona State Bar license number on resume or cover letter along with the date you received your Bar number.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered, including, but not limited to, trial practice/clinical programs, moot court experience, law school prosecution internships, and clerkships.
- The City job description can be found at https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/JobDescriptions/10120.pdf
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, please visit https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Pre-Employment%20Information%203.15.2021.pdf
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Trial experience is not a prerequisite, but an aptitude for trial advocacy and familiarity with trial procedure is viewed favorably.
- Trial-practice classes, moot-court experience, and law-school prosecution-internship experience is viewed favorably.
Recruitment closes December 31, 2021. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Asst City AttyII* Pros: Job Code 10120, ID# 43092
For more information and to apply, please click here.